Introduction to Internet Computer Protocol (ICP) Blockchain
The Internet Computer is a general-purpose blockchain that hosts canister smart contracts. It is designed to provide a World Computer that can replace traditional IT and host a new generation of Web3 services and applications that run solely from the blockchain, without the need for traditional IT. It can also play the role of Web3 orchestrator, by interacting with traditional blockchains.
It has a completely unique design that reflects a ground-up rethink of blockchain architecture and the application of modern cryptography, which can be traced back to 2015. It was built by the largest ongoing R&D effort in crypto, which has employed many notable cryptographers, computer science researchers and engineers. The blockchain underwent genesis in May 2021 and became part of the public internet.
See more at Introduction to ICP.
Overview: ICP Blockchain and ICP Ecosystem
For Users: Getting Started with ICP
- Aquire an Internet Identity (not necessary, but highly recommended).
- Managing and staking ICP tokens
- Examples of ICP smart contracts and dapps
- DFINITY support center
For Developers: Building ICP Smart Contracts
- Developer Documentation
- Technical working groups
- Launching an SNS DAO
- Smart contracts with Bitcoin integration
- ICP for Ethereum developers
- Developer forum for ICP developers.
- Community Tutorials
For Node Providers: Joining ICP Network
- ICP is a Sovereign Network using Deterministic Decentralization with Proof of Useful Work consensus.
- Node provider documentation
- Node provider troubleshooting
- Status of the network on ICP Dashboard
- Node provider tokenomics
- Node Provider FAQ
For ICP Community: Participating in ICP
For ICP Researchers: Deep Dive into ICP
If you are looking for the old main page, go here.