Contributing to the wiki
From Internet Computer Wiki
This wiki's content is maintained by and for the IC Community. To foster a reliable source of content and community, please see this page.
How to Contribute
Anyone can contribute to this wiki, all one needs to do is create an account.
Types of Users
There are two types of users:
- User - Users can propose new articles or changes to existing articles. Anyone can become a user.
- Moderator - Moderators approve changes from users. Moderators are granted moderator status by other moderators. The intent is to grow this list.
For transparency, an up to date list of moderators can be found here
- Keep a factual and sober tone, the purpose of the wiki is to convey accurate information, not to advertise.
- Refrain from redundancy, such as referring to the Internet Computer in article titles. This is, after all, the Internet Computer Wiki.
- Consistent with Wikipedia, for capitalization use headline style in page and section headings (H1 & H2), and sentence style for sub headings (H3 and below). DFINITY is always stylized in all-caps.
- Avoid the word "we", many people may later edit the article leaving "we" ambiguous.
Creating a New Wiki Page
There are a number of ways to create a new page. After logging into the wiki, either
- In the wiki search bar, search for the page title you would like to create, then on the search results page you will see
- if the page exists, then you can edit it
- the option to create the page if it doesn't exist
- Navigate to to the URL that you want to create (e.g., https://wiki.internetcomputer.org/wiki/HTTP_Gateway) and then click on "create this page".
- In edit mode on an existing page, choose a location for a link to a page you'd like to create, then type two open square brackets followed by the link text followed by two closed square brackets. This will create a link to a new wiki page. After saving the parent page (and pending moderation if needed) the new page will be created.