Changing Your Node Provider Principal
From Internet Computer Wiki
WARNING: Superseded -- please edit Node Provider NNS proposals instead!
If you have lost access to your Node Provider Principal, you will need to create a new one and update the NNS.
- Go through steps 1-4 on the Node Provider Onboarding page to install the necessary software and create a principal with a Ledger device and the NNS front-end dapp
- There is no need to create a new Node Operator Key, so long as you still have access to your Node Operator private key/HSM (steps 5-7).
- Follow step 8 on the Node Provider Onboarding page to register the principal in the NNS.
- Create a post on https://forum.dfinity.org/ AND also
- Add the following explanation to the proposal summary to explain the following:
- Identify yourself as an existing NP
- Why you are registering a new principal? -- Please explain the situation with as many details as acceptable to you since you need to convince the community to vote for your proposal.
- How can they verify that you are who you say you are?
- Please add a link to the forum post in the proposal summary.